Papillomas look like moles, but not everyone knows what they are. After the human papillomavirus (HPV) enters the body, small growths appear. Let's learn as much as possible about them.
Human papilloma: what is it?
Scientists have discovered that more than half of humanity is infected with HPV. Here:
- some are only carriers of the virus;
- in others - small pathological moles, papillomas appear on the skin, mucous membranes;
- in very rare cases, however, there are cases where HPV contributes to the degeneration of benign formations that lead to cancer.
The virus spreads in different ways:
- it is transmitted from mother to child (during the natural resolution of childbirth) and can manifest itself in the first two years of life;
- by shaking hands with an infected person;
- during sexual intercourse, it should be taken into account that even the use of a condom as a means of contraception does not protect against infection;
- when personal hygiene rules are violated - when several people use the same things, towels, shoes;
- in public places, for example, in saunas, swimming pools and even in medical institutions where processing is carried out in violation of norms;
- after abortion due to decreased immunity;
- transferred cold;
- systematic fatigue.
Hormonal changes cause the formation of papillomas, especially for women who are in an interesting situation.
Most often, HPV manifests itself in people who abuse alcohol, drugs, smoking, and have a sexual lifestyle.
However, a healthy human body can fight disease-causing cells. For this you need:
- have strong immunity;
- observe personal hygiene;
- do not overwork;
- avoid stressful situations, be in a good mood;
- eat straight.
Very important!In order to avoid unpleasant consequences, experts recommend removing the accumulation in time.
Types of papilloma
HPV does not show itself immediately. The virus can remain undetected in the human body for up to two years. The shape of formations, the rate of growth and the place of localization determine the type of papilloma.
- simple, otherwise called vulgar, ordinary;
- pointed out.
Let's talk more about the last two types.
Pointed papillomas are otherwise called warts. They enter the human body during sexual intercourse, so they are mainly localized:
- in the external genitalia (male, female);
- mammary glands;
- in the anus;
- the area around the anus;
- oral cavity.
Outwardly, condylomas look like a cock's comb, only flesh-colored or light pink. Papillary formations are located separately, grow rapidly and form groups. Over time, papillomas become harder, rougher.
Genital warts increase in size in a short period of time. Sometimes a few days are enough for a "rooster's nest" to form. There is a high probability of recurrence of the disease after treatment.
Condyloma acuminata is believed to be the most dangerous type. As a rule, such a neoplasm is the reason for the development of oncology in humans. The possibility of cell degeneration is high.
Squamous papilloma is a benign formation of a round shape. Mainly the skin of the face, neck, as well as the oral cavity, esophagus, cervix, etc.
It occurs mostly in elderly people. However, young people can also find squamous papillomas in a part of the body that is constantly vulnerable to damage.
Formations of this type rarely cause discomfort in people: the growth occurs slowly, it is almost invisible on the skin.
It is important!It is necessary to prevent damage to squamous papilloma, because there is a risk that the cell will turn into a malignant tumor.
The nature of localization
There is no specific place for the growth of papillomas. But often they appear:
- in the limbs (hands, feet);
- face (eyelids, area around the mouth, eyes);
- the neck
- internal organs (larynx, tongue, cervix, urethra);
- in the armpits;
- groin area;
- under the breast.
Papilloma of the mammary gland
What is breast papilloma, you should know women with the following symptoms:
- green, brown discharge from the chest;
- itching, burning;
- breast color changes;
- swelling of the chest area;
- you may feel a small lump, which when squeezed causes pain and discharge from the nipple.
Regular visits to the gynecologist and mammologist help detect pathological changes in the breast.
The formation of papillomas in the mammary gland most often occurs due to hormonal imbalance in the female body, as well as:
- during pregnancy;
- when using hormonal contraceptives;
- artificial termination of pregnancy;
- inflammation of the female genital organs;
- in women with many bad habits;
- frequent change of sexual partner.
The only way to treat intraductal papilloma is surgery. Pathological tissues are cut, the shape and size of the mammary gland remain unchanged.
It is very important to remove unnecessary growths in time, because they can turn into a malignant tumor at any time.
Papilloma in the throat
Papillary formations on the mucous membrane of the throat are detected by an otorhinolaryngologist. Patients usually complain of difficulty swallowing, feeling as if there is something in the throat, and severe pain.
If you do not react in time, the papillomas grow, thereby making the breathing process difficult, the voice changes, and in especially severe cases, it can result in suffocation.
Causes the disease in adults:
- bad habits;
- disordered sex life;
- chronic diseases.
If the children also had an infectious disease or their mother had measles, rubella, viral hepatitis, etc. during pregnancy.
As in other cases, the papilloma should be removed immediately. Then undergo complex treatment, strengthen the immune system.
It is important!It is strictly forbidden to remove papilloma in the throat by folk methods.
HPV in the form of warts can be located on the cervix. It is well known that pathogenic viruses, if not eliminated in time, help healthy cells to turn into cancer.
How to determine the appearance of papillomas in internal female organs? First of all, the color of the discharge changes: from milky to light brown or green, itching of the genitals is observed, lymph nodes increase.
If a woman leads a healthy lifestyle and regularly strengthens her immune system, she will be able to eliminate the harmful virus within a few years.
Genital warts appear for the following reasons:
- constant stress;
- decreased immunity;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- use of hormonal contraceptives;
- sexually transmitted diseases (trichomoniasis, chlamydia, etc. );
- cervical erosion.
Papilloma on the tongue
Growths in the tongue appear not only in adults, but also in children. Babies often put things in their mouths that may be infected with HPV. Older people can become infected during sexual intercourse and household contact with a person infected with papillomavirus.
It is possible to detect papilloma anywhere on the tongue (sides, tip, root). The color of growths is different: white, pink, bright red.
The formation of tumors in the oral cavity causes a lot of pain to a person. Sometimes bleeding wounds appear at the site of the papilloma.
The method of treatment, as mentioned above, is the same for all types of papillomas - removal of the neoplasm and complex therapy.
Darkening of papillomas
In some cases, the papilloma changes its color to black. This happens when:
- growth, such as tight clothing, shoes, etc. is damaged by;
- the inflammatory process begins;
- a benign formation turns into a malignant one;
- recovery takes place - the hormonal background has stabilized, immunity has improved;
- treatment with acetic acid, liquid nitrogen, etc. occurs with the help of;
- a person tries to independently eliminate the formation in the body;
- the patient takes some drugs that contribute to the necrosis of papillomas.
It is important!If the papilloma has changed color, you should immediately consult a doctor.
All types of papilloma are caused by HPV. To make the diagnosis correctly, you need:
- blood test (general and biochemical);
- Refer to the PCR diagnosis of the DNA of the virus, which will determine the type of HPV and the exact number of viruses;
- do a biopsy.
When a person discovers the growth of epithelial cells in the body or in another area, he does not always know which doctor to turn to. First, you should see a dermatologist.
During the initial examination, the doctor will be able to determine only genital warts. However, it is impossible to know which type of virus (there are more than 100 of them) that caused the growth. One way or another, the aforementioned studies are needed.
For example, a PCR test allows you to determine the approximate duration of infection, the chronic course of the disease of papillomas, or whether immunity has decreased once. Thanks to such information, it is possible to determine the source of infection and prescribe adequate treatment.
A biopsy is performed to obtain a reliable result of the process of turning healthy cells into cancer.
Treatment at home
As mentioned above, the treatment of papillomas in most cases takes place with the help of surgical intervention. Self-medication can lead to undesirable consequences. For example, the growth of processes throughout the body (papillomatous skin defect) or papilloma causes oncology due to damage.
Sometimes, in addition to the main therapy, the doctor uses folk methods. But first, an experienced specialist will make sure that there are no cancer cells.
It is known for its healing properties:
- celandine juice (natural or pharmaceutical);
- sour apple;
- Castor oil.
In order for the papilloma to disappear, its surface should be regularly lubricated with any of the suggested means (2-3 times a day). Be patient because the healing process takes a long time.
A simple laundry soap also helps to get rid of unwanted growths on the body. It is necessary to slightly moisten the soap with water and lubricate the affected area of the skin at night. Do this until the "leg" of the papilloma turns red. Then leave everything as it is and the neoplasm will disappear.
There is such a belief: if you tie a papilloma with a silk thread, it will fall off. It is strictly forbidden to do this!
Growths on the body initially appear as a harmless disease that is almost asymptomatic and does not cause concern. From this article, you learned what papillomas are, what undesirable consequences the lack of proper treatment causes. It should be noted that with growth, visiting a doctor is vital, as with any disease.